August 6, 2012 § 1 Comment
I added color to the teepee over the weekend. These pole caps make me happy!
This was a trial error sewing project. I started with a bunting template, made it larger and sewed a sample. Adjusted and fitted until I like the look. I used fabrics I had.
A tip-top topper!
August 2, 2012 § 1 Comment
A picture posted earlier this week showed a glimpse of a newly made project. The picture below is the first teepee completed this year. It took many months but I got a feel for the pattern and the kids really loved it and used it often. But I just couldn’t love the fabric. So I sold it and went to work on take two.
I reinforced some heavy wear areas, and used a neutral canvas cloth.
Now it seems like a blank piece of art and I’m working on adding the finishing touches of color. It is still a favorite with my children, and much more to my taste. I love it!
May 8, 2012 § 3 Comments
There are so many cute teepee’s used in nurseries and children’s rooms and featured on blogs. You can view some of them here. I used Butterick pattern B4251 found at the fabric store. I really love the 6 sided shape and large size; it is five feet high inside. Lots of children can fit in this one. I got the outdoor canvas fabric at deep discount and along with the PVC poles, the cost of this project was somewhere around $50.This tent folds up really easily and tucks into a corner, and the kids can set it up themselves. I just don’t like the pattern though and am selling this one. A plain tea colored canvas one is in the works now, I like it lots better. Though the pictures are outside, we use it only indoors.